|Rural community foundation awards $6,400 in grants - April 7 2010
The Green Lake County/Ripon Community Foundation awarded nine grants totaling $6,400 to support non-profit organizations in Green Lake, Ripon, Markesan, Princeton and Berlin.
Among the programs receiving grant awards:
- a week-long residency opportunity with the Missoula Children?s Theatre (Thrasher Opera House);
- a summer environmental education series for local children and families (Green Lake Association);
- the purchase of new playground equipment for a community pre-school (Community Options, Inc);
- the installation of power cots to aid in emergency response (City of Princeton Ambulance Services);
- the purchase archival storage materials for the preservation of local history (Kingston Historical Preservation Society);
- a leadership and self-esteem conference for local girls (Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes);
- the purchase office equipment for administration of a local food pantry (Federated Church of Berlin);
- the development of a shooting sports program, with an emphasis on archery (Green Lake County Fair);
- a rural outreach program for domestic abuse victims (Christine Ann Domestic Abuse Services, Inc).
Grants are made possible through several endowed funds at the Green Lake County/Ripon Community Foundation, including the Herman Schultz Fund, Lucile M. Grams Fund and Community Impact Fund.
The Green Lake County/Ripon Community Foundation is an affiliate of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation. For more information, please call (920) 426-3993.