|Don’t Forget: Make Your Charitable Donation Before Year’s End - December 21 2015
To get the maximum tax benefit from your gifts to support charitable causes through the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, please keep the following dates in mind:
- Cash must be submitted by Dec. 31. Checks must be dated no later than Dec. 31 if a tax deduction is desired for 2015.
- Gifts by credit card or phone must be made before midnight Dec. 31.
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value may provide additional tax savings. We recommend you initiate the gift prior to Dec. 30.
IRA Charitable Rollover
- Provision approved by Congress for 2015, and made permanent
- The IRA Charitable Rollover provision allows people age 70½ and older to make direct transfers totaling up to $100,000 per year to qualified charities, without having to count the transfers as income for federal income tax purposes. Congress has been renewing the provision annually, but on Dec. 18, 2015, made it permanent.
- There is still time to make a 2015 gift using an IRA Charitable Rollover. Contact your retirement plan administrator immediately to ensure gift completion by year-end … or plan ahead for 2016!
- For details on how to make an IRA Charitable Rollover gift and answers to frequently asked questions, see our FAQ.
- A gift through your estate, retirement or insurance plans can provide a lasting legacy for your charitable interests. Take advantage of the spirit of the season to make your intentions known.
Contact Us for more information.