|Deadlines for year-end giving - December 22 2011
Please keep the following dates in mind as you consider gifts to support charitable causes through the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation:
A gift through your estate, retirement or insurance plans can provide a lasting legacy for your charitable interests. Take advantage of the spirit of the season to make your intentions known.
- Cash must be submitted by Dec. 31. Checks must be dated no later than Dec. 31 if a tax deduction is desired for 2011.
- Gifts by credit card or phone must be made before midnight Dec. 31 for a 2011 tax deduction.
- For gifts of real estate, we recommend you start the process with us by Dec. 16.
- Gifts of stocks, bonds and mutual funds that have appreciated in value may provide additional tax savings. We recommend you initiate the gift prior to Dec. 30 if your brokerage firm is in the Oshkosh area, or prior to Dec. 19 if your brokerage firm is out the region.
- For people age 70 ½ and older, Dec. 31 is the last day to take advantage of tax breaks through a gift from an IRA. (These gifts cannot be made directly to a donor advised fund. Call the Foundation for details.)
Contact the Community Foundation for more information at 920-426-3993 or
Please note: The Community Foundation office will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday Dec. 26 through Thursday Dec. 29. Office hours on Friday Dec. 30 are 8 a.m. to Noon. The office is closed on Saturday Dec. 31.