TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
Garden Walk to support Taking Root Fund
Join the Oshkosh Garden Club this Saturday, July 17 for the second annual Garden Walk. Proceeds benefit the Taking Root Fund of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation.
Tour six stunning local gardens from 10:00 to 4:00. Tickets are $8 in advance at your local Stuart's Landscaping and Garden Center, or $10 at any featured garden the day of the walk.
MAIN STREET MATCH
$25,000 for street beautification
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation has pledged $25,000 for downtown beautification efforts - provided the community can raise $50,000 by September 15.
The $25,000 matching grant will help provide new benches, bike racks, flower pots and other amenities when Main Street re-opens later this year. Main Street has been closed since March for reconstruction, and is tentatively scheduled to re-open in late-October.
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITIES
Many people would like to make a lasting gift to charity. But they enjoy the security that comes with a steady income.
With a Charitable Gift Annuity from the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, you get the best of both worlds.
You receive a fixed annual income for you or a beneficiary. Then after your lifetime, the remaining annuity funds support your favorite charitable causes or organizations, forever.
> read more
In July, visit our website
to vote for the Oshkosh Area Community Pantry and Clarity Care. The winner will receive a $1,000 grant for their endowment fund at the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation!
Other upcoming match-ups include:
• D.A.R.E. vs. Meals on Wheels (August)
• ARC - Winnebago County Disability Association vs. Winnebago County Literacy Council (September)
The following funds were established April 1 to June 30, 2010:
• Boys and Girls Club Unmet Needs Fund
• Canstruction Oshkosh Fund
• First Congregational Church General Fund
• Habitat for Humanity Fund
• Little Pine Creek Farm Scholarship Fund
• Main Street Beautification Fund
• Oshkosh Community Mural Fund
• Oshkosh Convention Center Maintenance Fund
• Laurie Raupp Scholarship Fund
• Fr. Daniel Schuster Vocational Scholarship Fund
• Speech Disabilities Assistance Fund
• Unified Catholic Schools Construction Fund
For a complete fund description, please visit our Find a Fund