To support the creation and presentation of arts in our community.
Geographic scope: Winnebago County, Waushara County, Green Lake County, or the city of Ripon
Range of grantmaking: Grant awards are typically less than $5,000
Grant application deadline: May 25, 2017
Grant decisions: July
Contact: Amy Putzer, email@example.com or 920-426-3993
Participation in arts and cultural activities enriches the lives of individuals, promotes interaction among residents, provides opportunities to deepen learning, and builds community across groups with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
In order to support local arts programming, the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation annually applies for funds from the Wisconsin Arts Board. All funds received are matched with local community donations to the Fund for the Arts, and then re-granted to established arts organizations or nonprofit groups with an innovative arts program.
The Community Foundation is looking for projects that stimulate creative and innovative arts programming in our community. Proposed projects can be any artistic discipline or combination of artistic media. Priority will be given to innovative arts-related collaborations between arts groups, artists, venues, community groups, or area residents.
Eligible grant proposals will:
- Enhance local arts programming and arts educational opportunities.
- Involve an activity that is open to the public such as an exhibition, a performance, a workshop, a residency, a lecture/demonstration, or a publication. A fee for admission or publication may be charged.
- Not request grant funding exceeding 50% of the total project costs.
Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- A theater presents multiple productions and educational programming throughout the year including residencies.
- A museum or gallery holds an exhibition or community arts event.
- A performing arts organization presents a dance, music, or theater performance.
- A community nonprofit group coordinates an arts-based community celebration, festival, or concert.
- A university department offers an annual art film and video festival for community and university audiences.
- A literary organization presents a series of poetry readings, a books festival, and/or produces a literary journal featuring local poets.
The following activities are not currently supported by Community Arts Grants:
- Grants to individual artists.
- Events or performances that serve primarily as fundraisers for an organization.
- Travel costs for projects or performances that occur outside of the greater Oshkosh area.
- Hospitality expenses, i.e. entertainment, refreshments or food at receptions, parties or gallery openings. (These may appear in your project budget but cannot be funded by Community Arts grant dollars.)
- Activities that have a religious purpose
Grant Awards - Spring 2017
Media Release - Grant Awards - Summer 2014
Grantees are required to complete a final report, account for all funds, and evaluate and report on the effectiveness of the project. At least two digital images should accompany the final report. Copies of promotional materials are no longer required as part of the grant reporting process.
Grant Final Report Form
To open this form, you will need Adobe Reader software on Macintosh OS 8/9 or Windows systems. Additionally, you can open PDF files with Preview on Macintosh OS X. If you do not have Adobe Reader already installed on your computer, you can download the installer and instructions free from the Adobe Web site.
HOW TO APPLY | ACCESS SAVED APPLICATION
Not currently accepting applications