Oshkosh Area Community Foundation and the Oshkosh Area United Way have launched a collaborative emergency financial response, the Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund.
The Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund has been established to provide flexible financial resources to 501(c)(3) organizations working in the Oshkosh community who are disproportionately impacted by Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the economic consequences of the outbreak. Initial funding has been donated by the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation and the Oshkosh Area United Way .
Please consider an online donation of $25.00 or more today to help our community prevent financial hardship caused by COVID-19. 100% of the funds raised through the Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund will be used to help those affected throughout our community. OACF and OAUW will cover administrative fees associated with donations to this fund.
- Online donations can be made through the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation’s safe and secure donation portal. Please fill out the form at the bottom of this page. After you hit “submit” you will be taken to Paypal where you can pay by credit/debit card or your PayPal account.
- Via check written to Oshkosh Area Community Foundation and mailed to:Oshkosh Area Community Foundation
ATTN: COVID 19 Relief Fund Donation
230 Ohio Street, Suite 100
Oshkosh, WI 54902
- Via check written to Oshkosh Area United Way and mailed to:Oshkosh Area United Way
ATTN: COVID 19 Relief Fund Donation
21 W. New York Avenue
Oshkosh, WI 54901
Frequently Asked Questions
- I want to donate – can I restrict my funding to a prioritized grantee? To ensure we move resources as efficiently as possible and respond to those most impacted, we are not considering restricted donations at this time. The collaborative Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund was created to provide a coordinated response to immediate needs in the Oshkosh community.
- Can I write my check to either organization? Yes. Donation checks may be made out to either Oshkosh Area Community Foundation or the Oshkosh Area United Way. For more information on donating, please see the information above. Funds donated to either entity will be combined into one Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund to be distributed to the community.
- I am an individual who has been affected by COVID-19. Can this fund help me? We understand many individuals and families have been impacted by the outbreak, with more to be affected. The Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide resources to 501(c)(3) organizations in the Oshkosh area that are directly supporting local, vulnerable residents and families.While the fund is not available to individuals, it will support local nonprofit organizations that are well experienced in providing local service and support. If you need assistance finding food, paying housing bills, accessing childcare, or other essential services, please call 2-1-1.
- My organization is interested in applying for grant resources from this fund. Can we be considered?The Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund will be limited to 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, or other charitable organizations able to receive a tax-deductible contribution, such as schools, faith-based organizations, and other public entities within the Oshkosh area, most specifically within the Oshkosh Area School District. Based upon the charitable structure of the Oshkosh COVID-19 Relief Fund, we are not able to fund businesses directly, labor unions, or other 501(c)(4), 501(c)(5), and (501)(6) organizations. Please visit https://www.oshkoshareacf.org/2020/03/oshkosh-cov-19-relief-fund/ for more details on the granting process.
COVID-19 – What You Should Know
For questions on the COVID-19 Relief Fund, contact Candice Lane at [email protected].
For general COVID-19 questions, call 2-1-1. Direct any immediate questions regarding COVID-19 to the Winnebago County Health Department’s COVID-19 hotline at 920-232-3026.
Group(s): Oshkosh Area Community Foundation
Type of Fund(s): Special Project
Program Area(s): Children, Youth & Family, Community Development, Health & Human Services, Youth & Family
Geographic Area(s): Oshkosh