Community Impact Grants
05/04/2023 open grant opportunities
- Guidelines for programming and small capital needs have been established with an application deadline of June 12, 2023.
- Organizations interested in having an expert analyze website and social media efforts and implement digital marketing improvements from September through December 2023 can apply by July 14, 2023, for consideration.
Based on input from this summer’s Nonprofit Needs Assessment Survey and virtual Town Hall Meetings, the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation will continue to focus on Nonprofit Resilience with opportunities designed to help organizations build the capacity required to adapt to a changing ecosystem and maximize their ability to achieve their missions. Through December 31, 2023, the Community Impact program will focus on support for:
- Programming and Small Capital Needs – Strengthen your nonprofit’s ability to serve its clients and achieve its mission.
- Digital Marketing – Work with an expert to analyze your website and social media efforts and implement improvements.
- Fundraising – Build skills to achieve your fundraising goals through educational sessions and personalized coaching.
- Leadership Development – Participate in a year-long experience to improve your critical thinking and communications skills, grow your knowledge of all aspects of nonprofit operations, and improve your ability to work collaboratively and problem solve within a team.
To help nonprofits build the capacity required to adapt to a changing ecosystem and maximize their ability to achieve their missions.
Geographic scope: Winnebago County, Waushara County, Green Lake County, or the city of Ripon
Contact: Amy Putzer, [email protected] or 920-426-3993
nonprofit resilience priorities
Programming and Small Capital Needs – Support for programs or one-time capital expenses that will help a nonprofit better meet the needs of our communities and achieve its mission. Learn more and apply by June 12, 2023.
Digital Marketing – Support from digital marketing experts retained by the Community Foundation to employ online marketing tactics to amplify your mission, encourage donations, attract volunteers, and help your organization grow. Organizations can apply to receive a brand audit and recommendations to help identify and prioritize opportunities for improvement along with up to 80 hours of service provision. Learn more and apply by July 14, 2023.
Fundraising – Support to achieve your fundraising goals by efficiently using your time and existing resources, including board members and other volunteers. Organizations can apply to have two individuals (staff and/or board members) build skills by participating in the No More Duct Tape Fundraising School, which includes personalized coaching. Learn more and apply by December 15, 2022.
Leadership Development – Nonprofits located in the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation service area can now apply to be part of the 2023-24 cohort of the Nonprofit Leadership Institute offered by the Nonprofit Leadership Initiative. This year-long series of seminars led by content experts provides education on leadership, management, and governance topics critical to nonprofit effectiveness. This program is designed for new or seasoned executive directors, or senior leaders within nonprofits with at least one paid staff person and an annual budget of $250,000 or more. The Community Foundation will provide scholarships for at least four leaders to participate. A co-investment of $1,500 is required from each participating nonprofit. Learn more and apply by January 31, 2023.
Community Impact Grant Stories – OACF Blog
Grants Awards – Spring 2019
Grant Awards – Fall 2018
Grant Awards – Spring 2018
2017 Impact Report – Neighbor Ed + Family Literacy
Grant Awards – Fall 2017
WHAT WE DO NOT FUND
- Expenses incurred before the grant award
- Annual fund drives, fundraising events or endowment-building campaigns
- Debt reduction or retirement
- Religious organizations for sacramental or theological purposes
- Political or lobbying activities
Final Report Form for Grants under $10K
Final Report Form for Grants of $10K or more
HOW TO APPLY | ACCESS SAVED APPLICATION
Select ONE grant opportunity to apply to:
- Fundraising – Learn more and apply by December 15, 2022.
- Digital Marketing – Learn more and apply by December 15, 2022.
- Leadership Development – Learn more and apply by January 27, 2023.
- Small Capital and Programming Needs – More details to come in early 2023.