Wishing Well of Green Lake County
To support charitable projects and programs dedicated to improving the quality of life in Green Lake County through a focus on children and families.
Geographic scope: Green Lake County, including those communities outside Green Lake County that are served by the Berlin School District
Range of grantmaking: Grant awards are typically less than $3,000
Grant application deadline: May 17, 2019
Contact: Holly Mrstik at [email protected]
The Wishing Well of Green Lake County (formerly Green Lake County Area United Fund) was created to help people in Green Lake County care for one another, by providing support for the essential programs and services offered by local nonprofits. In 2018, $20,255 was awarded to 18 nonprofit organizations that build and improve lives in the Green Lake County community.
Local community donations to the Wishing Well of Green Lake County Fund are invested in programs and services that are making a difference in our community and improving lives right here at home. Priority is given to programs or projects that focus on:
- Caring for neighbors in crisis: Providing a viable safety net of health and human services to ensure emergency needs of individuals and families are met.
- Improving health and wellness: Promoting the overall physical and mental wellness of individuals through health, education, and support programs.
- Nurturing children and youth: Investing in our young people through programs that educate, enrich, and encourage them to reach their full potential.
Donors’ contributions also provide for local Boy Scout and Girl Scout scholarships to provide financial assistance to youth who would otherwise not be able to participate due to membership and troop dues, uniform expenses, and/or fees for council-sponsored programs like summer camp.
Grants will NOT fund:
- Endowment campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Programs promoting religious activities
- Political or lobbying activities
HOW TO APPLY | ACCESS SAVED APPLICATION
- Submit an online grant application before the application deadline.
- Provide any additional supporting documentation, if requested, after your application undergoes an initial review. Documentation might include your 501(c)(3) determination letter, Board of Directors list, organizational income statement or balance sheet, most recent IRS Form 990, etc.