The Scholarship Cycle
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation awards hundreds of scholarships annually to students primarily in Winnebago County, Green Lake County, Waushara County and Ripon, Wis., who are pursuing a college degree or technical career.
We partner with several area school districts to administer scholarship funds including public and private schools in Green Lake, Neenah, Oshkosh, Omro, Princeton, Ripon, Wautoma and Winneconne.
Our online application enters students in the selection process for all of the Community Foundation’s scholarships. Our database includes financial need and merit based scholarships for more than 150 scholarships offered by donors, as well as local and state organizations and businesses.
2017 / 2018 Scholarship Cycle Dates
- December 1st, 2017 – Most applications available
- February 15th, 2018 – Application deadlines for Oshkosh Area Community Foundation and Oshkosh Corporation employee scholarships
- February 23th, 2018 – Application deadline for Green Lake & Omro High School scholarships
- February 28th, 2018 – Application deadline for Ripon High School scholarships
- March 15th, 2018 – Application deadline for Winneconne Area Education Fund scholarships
- March 19th, 2018 – Application deadline for Neenah High school scholarships
- April & May 2018 – Application processing and selection meetings
- May 2018 – Notification letters to recipients, schools and scholarship fund holder
- June 22nd, 2018 – Recipient scholarship forms due (new and renewal)
- August & September 2018 – first scholarship awards paid out to colleges
- December 2018 – Recipient scholarship forms due (GPA and spring course load verification)
- January 2019 – Second semester scholarship awards paid out to colleges
For information about the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation’s Scholarships, or if you need assistance with an application, please contact Education Coordinator Cheryl Fowler.