What is Celebrate Education?
Celebrate Education is an annual event honoring local teachers, principals, coaches and volunteers for their continuous hard work and dedication to our community’s students. During the event, grants are awarded to exceptional educators for special programs they conduct in the classroom, on the field and after school. Before 2005, Celebrate Education was known as the NET Awards-Nurturing Education and Teaching. From 1997 to 2004 the NET Awards granted approximately $90,890 to various school programs.
Who sponsors this event?
Local community leaders sponsor Celebrate Education each year, including the Mid-Morning Kiwanis Club of Oshkosh, Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce, the UWO College of Education and Human Services, and the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation. By partnering together, we are able to award thousands of dollars in grants to educators whose programs make a difference in the lives of our children. Thank to your community supporters who make the grants and awards possible: Oshkosh Area School District Education Foundation, Mid-Morning Kiwanis Club of Oshkosh, Edward and Belle Rudoy, Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce, UW-Oshkosh, Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, Valley Christian School, and Lourdes Academy.
Since Celebrate Education began in 2005, there has been a total of $602,300 (as of 2022) awarded to educators in the Oshkosh community.
2022 Grant Recipients
Spirit of Education Award (Oshkosh area School District):
- Handle with Care Program – Jennifer Skolaski and Brandon Ansell
Dr. Stanley J. Spanbauer Education and Leadership Award (Lourdes Academy):
- Barb Muza-Reed
Stephen mosling excellence in leadership award
- Dr. John Dinegan
edward and belle Rudoy Outstanding teacher awards:
- Kelly Wayne, Oshkosh West
- Mat Rieckhoff, Valley Christian
- Kassidy McDaniels, Oshkosh North
- Bethany Meyer, Oshkosh West
- Bridget Duffy-Ulrich, Oshkosh North
- Jennifer Olivares, Oshkosh West
- Martha Wahl, Valley Christian
- Becca Jepson, Valley Christian
Rudoy Technology Grant:
- Lourdes Academy: To implement an interdisciplinary “STEM Collaborative”, a partnership between the science and computer science departments that will incorporate hands-on activities in science, technology, engineering, and math, and allow both departments to work together on the same project to enhance learning.
- Oshkosh North: To create a welcoming space abundant with technology where every child feels like they have a safe place to explore interests with various low and high tech opportunities. This space will feature technology such as a sound booth for recording, a build your own computer station, a 3D printer, a VR headset, various machines for designing and cutting, modern flexible seating and more.
Celebrate Education Grants:
- Jessica Reich, Better Management for Socio-Emotional Health, Valley Christian
- Josh Gross, Lego Ed for STEM, Valley Christian
- Shannon Van Scyoc, Letter & Phonics Manipulatives for Classroom Literacy, Valley Christian
- Kris Brey, Reading Recovery in Third, Valley Christian
- Lisa Walls, The Whole Kit and Caboodle STEM Cart, Valley Christian
- Teresa Hass, 4K Motoring, Valley Christian
- Erin Marcott, Books, Books, Book!, Valley Christian
- Beckie Lehman, Glockenspiels (Bells)…All the Way, Valley Christian
- Erin Pletcher, Color Me Crazy!, Valley Christian
- Courtney Harvancik, We Must Never Forget, Valley Christian
- Sara Calderon, Do the Rot Thing!, Valley Christian
- Benjamin Birr, Strength for All, Strength for Life, Valley Christian
- Nicole Jonas, Come on, Vamonos!, Valley Christian
- Margaret Frank, Doing Life as a Team!, Valley Christian
- Alyson Clayton, Kinesthetic-based assistance for academically-struggling students, Valley Christian
- Karen Coats, Life Cycles, Lourdes Academy
- Emily Schmidt, Lourdes News, Lourdes Academy
- Audrey Conley, Revolutionizing Physics in the Classroom, Lourdes Academy
- Missi Clausen, Relaxing Reading Fun, Lourdes Academy
- Lisa Jiricka, Books for 2 Readers, Jefferson Elementary
- Kristin Larschied, Learning Language Through Literacy, Lakeside Elementary
- Robin Goedderz, Chapter Books Designed for Dyslexic Readers, Oaklawn Elementary
- Lisa Graf, Northside Robotics, Merrill Elementary & Middle/Webster Middle
- Trisha Hunter, Life Skills Support, Oshkosh North
Oshkosh Area School District Education Foundation Grants:
- Brenna Kelly, Falcon Lab: A STEM & Geography Cart, Franklin Elementary
- Amy Monigal, Destination Innovation – A Makerspace for All!, Carl Traeger Elementary
- Matthew Callahan, Coding and Robotics, Webster Elementary
- Stephanie Homman, Bowling in Education, Lakeside Elementary
- Melanie Wroblewski, Tasty Traeger Tower Gardens, Carl Traeger Elementary
- Gloria Dorschner-Mackie, Revitalize North Bands Marching Percussion, Oshkosh North
UWO College of Education and Human Services Teacher Excellence Awards:
- Jennifer Cardinal, Carl Traeger Elementary
- Amber Clark, Valley Christian
- Kayley Murphy, Oakwood Elementary
- Sally Joel, Webster Stanley
Last year’s Celebrate Education highlighted two past grant recipients – Lourdes Academy and Perry Tipler Middle School. View their videos to learn about their unique programs making a positive impact on our students.
Celebrate Education Grants Press Releases
Each year we take the time to follow up on our grant recipients to see the amazing things they’ve done with their programs. Read about some of those programs by clicking on the links below.