Green Lake Basic Needs
To support charitable projects and programs that meet residents’ basic needs, including food, clothing and shelter.
Geographic scope: Green Lake County, including the communities of Green Lake, Markesan, Princeton and Berlin.
Range of grantmaking: Grant awards are typically less than $15,000
Grant application deadline: October 21, 2020
Grant decisions: Early December
Contact: Amy Putzer, [email protected] or 920-426-3993
A healthy community provides a network of services, including basic social needs. We need to catch people before they fall through the cracks and provide them with tools to strengthen their lives and economic resilience. Failing to meet basic needs not only jeopardizes an individual’s quality of life, but also creates more costly and complex problems for our community over time.
The consequences of not providing for basic needs accumulate quickly. Hungry children are absent from school more often than other children, impacting their educational progress. Uninsured individuals and families put off needed healthcare, let prescriptions go unfilled and the results are costly emergencies. Families lacking stable housing often struggle to manage their daily lives. This can trigger a cascade of problems for families that can take months, even years, to recover from.
Grants from the Green Lake Basic Needs Fund support programs that focus on:
- Caring for neighbors in crisis: Providing a viable safety net of health and human services to ensure emergency needs of individuals and families are met.
- Improving health and wellness: Promoting the overall physical and mental wellness of individuals through health, education, and support programs.
- Nurturing children and youth: Investing in our young people through programs that educate, enrich, and encourage them to reach their full potential.
Grants will NOT fund:
- Endowment campaigns
- Capital campaigns
- Programs promoting religious activities
- Political or lobbying activities
HOW TO APPLY | ACCESS SAVED APPLICATION
- Submit an online grant application form before the application deadline. All applications MUST be submitted online.
- Provide any additional supporting documentation that is requested after your application undergoes an initial review.