Youth Program Grants & Hiwela Youth Campership Grants
To support charitable projects and programs that further youth development.
Geographic scope: Winnebago County
Range of grantmaking: Grant awards are typically less than $3,000
Grant application deadline: January 31, 2024
Grant decisions: late February/early March
Contact: Amy Putzer, [email protected] or 920-426-3993
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation is committed to creating better opportunities for children. In addition to education grants, the Community Foundation offers funding opportunities to charitable organizations that support youth development.
Grants from a variety of youth-related field of interest funds held by the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation typically support projects or programs that:
- Add to the development of youth through environmental education and/or outdoor learning experiences.
- Establish new services for youth where there is a documented need.
- Strengthen existing youth programs that show continued need, especially those that promote volunteerism and/or leadership skill development.
- Supply adaptive equipment or assistive devices like walkers, wheelchairs, or hearing aids to children with impairments or disabilities.
Hiwela Youth Camperships
Grants are also awarded to provide scholarships for children from families with limited financial resources to attend camp and participate in outdoor learning experiences that encourage youth to better understand and live in harmony with the outdoors. Funding priority is given to overnight camping experiences. The amount of financial assistance provided by a Hiwela Campership to any individual is not to exceed 50% of the cost to attend camp.
How To Apply | Access Saved Application
IMPORTANT: The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation transitioned to a new and improved grants management system in January 2023. If your organization did not apply for a grant in 2023, you will need to select the Create New Account option when attempting to access the online grant application form. Your previous portal login information will not work in the new system.
- PREVIEW the grant application questions for Youth Programs or Hiwela Camperships.
- Submit an online grant application form in the Community Foundation’s new grant portal before the application deadline. All applications MUST be submitted online.
- If requested, provide any additional supporting documentation after your application undergoes an initial review. Documentation might include your 501(c)(3) determination letter, Board of Directors list, organizational income statement or balance sheet, most recent IRS Form 990, etc.