Youth Program Grants & Hiwela Youth Campership Grants
To support charitable projects and programs that further youth development.
Geographic scope: Winnebago County
Range of grantmaking: Grant awards are typically less than $5,000
Grant application deadline: January 6, 2020
Grant decisions: Early March
Contact: Amy Putzer, [email protected] or 920-426-3993
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation is committed to creating better opportunities for children. In addition to education grants, the Community Foundation offers funding opportunities to charitable organizations that support youth development.
Grants from a variety of youth-related field of interest funds held by the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation typically support projects or programs that:
- Add to the development of youth through environmental education and/or outdoor learning experiences.
- Establish new services for youth where there is a documented need.
- Strengthen existing youth programs that show continued need, especially those that promote volunteerism and/or leadership skill development.
- Supply adaptive equipment or mobility aids like walkers or wheelchairs to children with disabilities.
Funding from the Community Foundation cannot be used to support busing expenses and will not typically support staffing expenses (i.e., salary or benefits).
Hiwela Youth Camperships
Grants are also awarded to provide scholarships for children in-need to attend camp in order to participate in outdoor learning experiences that encourage youth to better understand and live in harmony with the outdoors. Funding priority is given to overnight camping experiences. The amount of financial assistance provided by a Hiwela Campership to any individual is not to exceed 50% of the cost to attend camp.
Youth Program Grant Awards – Spring 2019
Hiwela Campership Awards – Spring 2019
Youth Program Grant Awards – Spring 2018
Hiwela Campership Awards – Spring 2018
Media Release – Grant Awards – Spring 2017
How To Apply | Access Saved Application
- Submit an online grant application form for Youth Programs or Hiwela Youth Camperships before the application deadline. All applications MUST be submitted online.
- If requested, provide any additional supporting documentation after your application undergoes an initial review. Documentation might include your 501(c)(3) determination letter, Board of Directors list, organizational income statement or balance sheet, most recent IRS Form 990, etc.