As a professional advisor, you play an important role in helping your clients achieve their charitable goals. Below are some charitable giving resources you might use as an advisor to help your clients reach those goals:
Transfer of Wealth
Strengthening Our Communities
Over the next 50 years, approximately $17.25 billion will transfer from one generation to the next. The question is: Will any of that wealth stay in the communities that helped build it?
If only a small portion of this wealth – 5% – was protected in permanent charitable endowments, millions of dollars would be available each year to invest in our communities and the charities that do so much to make Winnebago County a great place to live, work and play.
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation is helping people look to the future and support their communities in meaningful ways. Can you imagine what could be done?
Transfer of Wealth in Winnebago County
|10 – year||$1.99 billion|
|If 5% endowed||$99.53 million|
|5% granted||$4.97 million|
|50 – year||$17.25 billion|
|If 5% endowed||$862.226 million|
|5% granted||$43.12 million|
For generations, local residents have worked hard and saved money for the future. Most lived their entire lives close to their birthplace. But many of the next generation no longer live in our community. The out-migration of the younger generation means less inherited dollars stay in our community. If our communities are going to be places where young families can live and work, we need to invest in them. We know there’s money available for these investments.
About the Transfer of Wealth in Winnebago County
The Transfer of Wealth Study proves that capital is available to build and sustain our communities. The Foundation is here to encourage, inspire and steward that investment. Sponsored by the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation and completed by the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship, the study uses conservative estimates of economic growth and asset values over 10, 20 and 50 years.
There’s So Much More to Talk About
The Transfer of Wealth in Winnebago County Study offers an opportunity for estate planners, financial advisors, nonprofit organizations and the community.
- We would love to meet with you to discuss the Transfer of Wealth in Winnebago County and present this study to nonprofit boards and organizations. Please contact us by calling 920-426-3993 or email [email protected]
- We’re happy to provide you with brochures and other materials to help spread the word.
- We’re the expert on emerging needs and charitable opportunities in Winnebago County. Let us help you carry out your charitable passions.
- We work with nonprofit organizations and community groups to use this information to its full advantage.
- Let us present the study to your board and talk about development opportunities
- We would love to share information about the importance of endowment funds with you and your organization
- We can help you write newsletter articles and information for your website and email communications to spread the word.
What You Can Do
- Think about what makes this region special to you, and commit to support your charitable passion.
- Call the Foundation, or your favorite charity, to learn about leaving a legacy for the future of Winnebago County.
- Create an estate plan, or adapt your directives to help a cause that is important to you.
- Give at least 5% of your estate to the causes that matter to you, now and for future generations.
- Talk to others about the importance of remembering their community in their plans.
- KEEP DOLLARS IN OUR COMMUNITY
- ENCOURAGE AND ENGAGE THE COMMUNITY IN THIS CONVERSATION.
The Foundation is here to encourage, inspire and steward the investment into our communities’ future. Contact us today to learn how you can make a difference.
Advisor Impact Newsletter