- Quarter Ending September 30, 2023
- Quarter Ending June 30, 2023
- Quarter Ending March 31, 2023
- Quarter Ending December 31, 2022
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation’s assets are allocated according to guidelines established by the Board of Directors. Most component funds under the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation umbrella are pooled for investment purposes.
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation partners with Mason Investment Advisory Services, Inc. (“Mason”) as its investment consultant. The Foundation retains investment advisory services to monitor investment performance of money managers and advise the Investment Committee on investment issues and opportunities. The Foundation’s Investment Committee worked with Mason to establish the Foundation’s current Investment Policy Statement (IPS), including asset allocation. Assets were transitioned to approved money managers in order to meet the investment objectives of the current IPS.
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation’s pooled investments are managed by several different money managers. In addition, some investments are managed by local trust banks and outside securities firms. Under the oversight of the Investment Committee, Mason monitors the performance of the pooled investments, as well as the investments held by the local trust banks and outside securities firms, and instructs advisors and money managers to make appropriate adjustments.
Money Managers utilized for pooled investments are as follows:
- American Funds
- Dimensional Fund Advisors
- Dodge & Cox
- T. Rowe Price
- Washington Mutual Investors
The Investment Committee reports directly to the Board of Directors. Members generally serve two five-year terms. Emeritus committee members are eligible to return for additional years of service with appropriate approval.
The committee’s responsibilities include:
- Selection of investment consultants.
- Approval of investment managers as recommended by investment consultants.
- Review and monitoring of investment consultants’ and managers’ performance.
- Review of quarterly financial reports.
- Consultation with staff on investment issues.
- Presentation to the Board on investment results.
- Ensuring the investment and spending policy support the mission and ongoing work of the Foundation and protect its endowments.
Investment Committee Members
Jason Feltz, Chair
Principal, CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP
Jon Dudzinski, CFA
Portfolio Manager, Mersberger Financial Group Inc.
Director, Carl M. Hennig Inc.
Chief Credit Officer, Bank First National
Bruce Niendorf, Ph.d.
Professor of Finance, UW Oshkosh
Peter James Schafer, CFA, CFP®
Trust Investment Officer, Legacy Private Trust Company
Retirement Plan Trustee, Accredited Investor
Owner, Oshkosh Coil Spring Inc.
Market President, Fortifi Bank