WINNECONNE, Wis. — The Winneconne Area Community Foundation (WACF) invites nonprofit organizations to apply for funding through September 15.
Grant support is available from the Winneconne Area Community Impact Fund and Winneconne Basic Needs Fund. Charitable organizations that provide services to residents of the Winneconne Area School District, which includes the Village of Winneconne and towns of Larsen, Winchester, Poygan and Buttes des Morts, are encouraged to apply.
Grants from the Winneconne Area Community Impact Fund support specific projects or new programs for which a moderate amount of grant money can make a significant impact on an area of need. Grants are made for a broad range of purposes to a wide variety of charitable organizations in the focus areas of arts and culture, community development, education, environment, health and human services.
Grants from the Winneconne Basic Needs Fund support programs that meet residents’ basic needs, including food, clothing and shelter.
Last fall’s grant awardees included:
- Friends of the Winneconne Music and Performing Arts: $1,000 to host an educational clinic and concert by the Water City Jazz Orchestra.
- Friends of the Wolf Wilderness Recreational Trail: $1,540 to buy a new mower for weed and brush control along the trail.
- Sovereign State of Winneconne: $1,000 for bounce houses at the annual celebration.
- Village of Winneconne: $750 to help purchase new inflatables for Marble Park Beach.
- Winneconne Area Assistance Center: $1,000 to match cash donations to the Winneconne Masonic Lodge Food and Fund Drive.
- Wolves Golf Club: $750 to provide golf equipment for kids to participate in the weeklong summer camp program.
To apply, visit OshkoshAreaCF.org/grants/apply-for-a-grant/winneconne-area- communityfoundation/. Applicants must apply online to be considered. The deadline is September 15. Grant decisions will be made in October. Please direct questions to Amy Putzer by calling 920-426-3993 or by email to [email protected].
The Winneconne Area Community Foundation benefits charitable organizations in the Winneconne Community School District, which includes Larsen, Winchester, Poygan and Buttes des Morts. As an affiliate of the Oshkosh Area Community Foundation, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, donors enjoy maximum tax benefits. For more information, please call 920-426-3993 or go to www.OshkoshAreaCF.org.