Types of Funds
Types of Funds
We provide simple, powerful and highly personal approaches to giving, offering a variety of giving tools and types of funds to help you achieve your charitable goals. Give us a call and let us help you establish your fund to start making a difference in your community today! 920.426.3993
The Oshkosh Area Community Foundation’s Gift and Fund Acceptance Policies are available upon request by contacting the Foundation at 920-426-3993.
Donor Advised Funds
The charitable choice of millions, donor advised funds are the fastest-growing charitable vehicle in the United States. For good reason: You can create one in as fast as two hours and receive the maximum tax benefit permitted by the IRS. You can use the fund to support your favorite causes and charities now and for years to come.
How do i begin my donor advised fund?
- Make a gift to the Foundation: you can give cash, appreciated stocks, real estate or other assets
- We set up a special fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose.
- You receive tax benefits in the year your gift is made.
- You recommend uses for the fund working with our professional program staff to support the causes and organizations you care about most.
- Your recommendations are presented to the Foundation’s Board of Directors for approval.
- We handle all of the administrative details and issue grants to charities in the name of the fund you establish (if you prefer, grants can be made anonymously).
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants that benefit community. Your gift and all future earnings from your gift is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
Grants from donor advised funds support organizations and charitable projects specified by the fund donor or advisors throughout the year.
Our staff performs the due diligence to ensure that grantees are qualified, fiscally sound nonprofits and have filed the required tax documents. Once this process is complete, grant checks are issued from that particular fund.
Grant applications are accepted by invitation only.